Saturday, January 4, 2014

Must-Haves of the Week

A purple fringe bag.  Fringe is the rage this season.
It's so easy to get rid of things, especially when they are "trendy."  Once it's done, it's done, right?  Not true.  They always come back around, just with a new twist.  Following trends is a full time job for some. I myself am a slave.  But I have to admit, it's a labor of love.  A true fashionista finds beauty not just in fashion, but in everything from home/garden decor, fitness/wellness, entertaining decor, among many others. With that said, I have 11 jobs when you add raising children, maintaining a household, a healthy marriage, and writing my blog. 

You have to be smart in managing what you decide to keep and what you get rid of.  My rule is, if it's not expensive, I give it away or donate it to charity.  If it's expensive, it's a keeper. I hang it in my closet or on a storage rack in my basement. Below are some items that are trending now and some photos of things I have either saved or purchased in an effort to keep on trend this season.
Circa 1977: purple suede jacket that neither my mother nor I could part with.  I can't wait to wear it.
Magazine ad with more fringe benefits!
My oldie but goodie
Magazine ad

My find
Magazine ad featuring shoes on the fridge 
A few fridged faves from my personal collection
If you are mad about plaid, then bust out your old prepster patterns!
Magazine find/ trending now
On the right: a mini plaid dress I purchased just days ago. On the left: a gown I purchased last year on sale that I have yet to wear.
Left: A magazine ad featuring plaid Right: Accessories I unearthed from my closet

          

Quilted leather suitable for any kind of weather! Left: Magazine Right: My fab find

          



This cover had me racing to my closet..
I've had this similar gown for over 12 years and it's never even been worn!
Stay tuned for more looks that are trending now! 

Happy Hunting!!

Jamie Gottschall
The NYClifestylist

No comments:

Post a Comment