Friday, December 27, 2013

Making New Year's Resolutions That Stick


I have written this before but will reiterate it.  New Year's resolutions should not come on a whim.  It's not a decision you make between 11:55 pm and 12:00 am.  
Why, you ask?  You obviously never gave it deep thought, the kind of thought and processing that is truly needed, especially if you are looking to make a lifestyle or life-altering change.  I mean, that's what it's all about, no?  A resolution is about committing to a task, a promise to oneself or even deeper, a vow.  
New Year's resolutions are a time for soul searching and beginning a new year by wiping the slate clean.  Out with the old and in with the new.  In my opinion, it's deep.  It's proving one's mental strength.  It's not about showing others you are strong but showing yourself.  For me, its a religious practice.  My own religion, self-esteem.
My commitment to myself is the greatest and most powerful weapon I possess and each year, I have successfully fulfilled that duty.  It's inner strength, our greatest gift if we can find it.  I believe we all possess the ability to succeed in finding it, but it's trusting and believing in yourself. It's inner faith.  It's a slow process, not an overnight success story. Remember that along the way.  If you don't feel you have that faith in yourself, then that should be your resolution this year, finding it.  You have a year, not five minutes. Your journey begins now!

GOOD LUCK!

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment