Sunday, February 2, 2014

Breakfast at Tiffany's: Good Things Come in Little Blue Packages!

Whoever said "good things come in small packages" never made it past the revolving doors of 727 5th Avenue, home of Tiffany & Co.  Tiffany's is not only reveled for one of the finest, most exquisite collection of jewels in the world, but also fine silver, china and crystal.  Not so small, after all.
The most coveted blue box in the world is no doubt a Tiffany box.  So what better way to celebrate a bridal shower than with this perfect package?  After 15 years of saving Tiffany boxes from gifts received, I turned a bridal shower into a Tiffany store on steroids for a day.  
After years of collecting Tiffany boxes, they traveled with me to my new home.  Upon their arrival, Christmas was only weeks away.  Eight month pregnant and swinging from chandeliers to decorate my very first home for Christmas, I bought out every yard of red satin ribbon I could find.  Tediously, I began stacking boxes and hot gluing them together, adding the red ribbon, as if they were new packages under the tree.  They were beautiful, made for intriguing conversation and received the attention of the media.  Now approximately eight years later, I have transformed my boxes from Christmas to bridal shower packages.
All of my boxes were tied with red silk ribbon and displayed beneath my 9 ft Christmas tree over the years. Above: Photo courtesy of Lehigh Valley STYLE Magazine, Dec 2009
It was quite the task to untie all the red ribbon and replace it with white.  I went to my local craft store for the ribbon, came home and tied the knot!  
I turned my home into a Tiffany store by draping real and faux jewelry pieces.
Rhinestone bracelets, strand of pearls and Crystal paper weights brought bling to make any girls heart sing!
I filled a bronze and brass figure holding a basket with boxes and jewels.
I placed boxes all over the house.
I ran a linear row of boxes down the center of my dining room table.
Boxes topped the "Audrey" cupcake centerpiece.
I created a faux Tiffany box using Tiffany blue colored wrapping paper and white silk ribbon.

I filled my dining room lantern with boxes. A chandelier can be done too!

Guests were asked to wrap their gifts in the same aquatic color.
A true feast for the eyes, a Breakfast at Tiffany's bridal shower is as magical as it is beautiful.  So get cracking, I mean wrapping!

Go Crazy!

Jamie

1 comment:

  1. The photos look great! Just got done reading up on your blog and had a quick question. I was hoping that you could email me back when you get the chance. Thanks!

    Emily : )

    ReplyDelete