Friday, April 13, 2012

I'll Have What She's Having...


For Dinner…

There are those that can’t quite understand how I can eat the way I do, (especially during road race season), in small healthy doses.  I have heard it all!  My favorite; “That would NEVER fill me.”  My answer to them, give it a chance.  We all know miracles don’t happen overnight, unless of course you win the lottery, and even then you have to wait for the results.  What people don’t seem to understand is that if what you are eating is full of natural, healthy nutrition, you don’t need the amount you normally would by eating “junk food” in order to feel full.  When you eat junk food, your body is constantly craving more, as it is looking for nutrients that just aren’t there to do the trick.  So you keep on eatin’ and your stomach keeps on stretchin’.  It is also imperative that you chew your food well before swallowing, stop chit chatting while eating, and drink plenty of water.   When we don’t chew our food well and drink water with our meal, our digestive system has to work harder to break it down for us.  In turn, these large pieces of food contribute to bloating and possible diarrhea or constipation.  Eat slowly, with good posture and give it time to digest!!

Where am I going with this?  Just try it, come on, you can do it!  Give it just 5 days.  If you follow my plan, I guarantee you will get the results you are looking for.
So, below is a recipe for what “I’m having” for dinner tonight:

-Mixed dark and white chicken breast (you need a little fat in your diet, get it from your dark meat. Chicken is packed with protein that builds strong muscles)
-1 whole sliced apple (any variety)
-A handful of sliced baby bell mushrooms
-5 almonds
-1-3 romaine lettuce leaves
-White sesame seeds (to taste)
-Squeeze of a lemon
-Extra virgin olive oil
-Salt & Pepper
Toss!

I am eating this dinner as I write and man, is it delicious!  It’s crunchy and I get my sweet and salty in one serving.  That takes care of dinner AND dessert!  If I get “snacky” later, I will indulge in a few gluten free crackers and some original style hummus, but NEVER past 7 pm. (If control is the problem, pick a number!  3-5 crackers & a nice dollop of hummus.  Then, get the rest outta’ sight & outta’ mind).  In the morning you will feel energetic and better yet, empowered by your self-control.

Bon Appétit!

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment