Thursday, January 30, 2014

Sitting Pretty on Valentine's Day

This Valentine's Day, my chairs are no longer taking a "back seat" to my table decor...or are they?

With a simple faux (or live), heart-shaped, rose wreath, I was able to turn my chairs into thrones of their own.  It was as simple as threading a piece of ribbon through the back of the wreath around the foam.  Then, with a separate piece of ribbon, tying a bow on it.
Fold your tails in half. On an upward angle, cut split tails on the open side of the ribbon.
The long ties below are for securing the wreath to the chair.
Overlapping fabric and securing it with hot glue, makes instant tails at the bottom of the wreath.  Simply hot glue to the bottom portion of the foam on the back of the wreath.
Tails with guest initials gave this wreath it's personal touch!

The final step was a heart shaped box, which I placed in the center of the wreath.
Above:  a cardboard decorative box.  I hot glued the lid on.
Above:  firmly shimmy the box in the center of the wreath.
On set at WFMZ Channel 69 news
Jamie Gottschall
The NYClifestylist

No comments:

Post a Comment