Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Game Day Buffalo Chicken Hummus


I'm the type of cook that has a fully stocked pantry and refrigerator, encouraging lots of experimentation. GAME DAY is always an exciting time for me to put my cooking GAME FACE on!  Two years ago, I came up with a concoction all my own.  Knowing that hummus is a popular and healthy dip on game day, I decided to put a little spin on it!  I began thinking of fun game day foods and how I could combine the ideas.  I experiment this way often to keep food ideas fresh and new. Each time I do it, it's a TOUCHDOWN!

Here is what I came up with for this weekend's Super Bowl:

BUFFALO CHICKEN HUMMUS
In a food processor or blender add the following:

- 1 15.5 oz. can of organic chickpeas (aka:garbanzo beans)

- 4 minced garlic cloves

- 4 sprigs of finely chopped cilantro 

- 1/3-1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

- 10 shakes Red Hot sauce

- 5 shakes Tabasco

- cubed chicken breast

- 4 tbsp salt

- 4 tbsp pepper


Begin to purée until smooth or texture of your choice. With a spatula, scrape the hummus contents in the mixing bowl into a decorative bowl.  
Add 2 tbsp chunky blue cheese dressing to the top and a sprig of parsley for garnish.
Serve with crackers, pita, chips or toasted bread wedges.

Game On!

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment