Saturday, January 4, 2014

Breakfast at Tiffany's: Bridal Shower Favors


When I think of an engagement ring, I think of the old story about finding a diamond ring in a Cracker Jack box.  With that thought in mind, it immediately gave me the idea to make Cracker Jack favors. 
I purchased 35 Cracker Jack boxes at the dollar store.

I then purchased 35 pairs of cubic zirconia stud earrings from the costume jewelry wholesale market in NYC.

The studs replaced the idea of finding a diamond ring in a Cracker Jack box. I purchased Tiffany blue colored jewelry bags by the dozen, removed the studs from the original packaging and placed them in the bag.


 I carefully opened the bottom of the Cracker Jack box, paying close attention not to tear it.  
I then carefully cut open the silver liner with a pair of scissors and dumped the contents into a bowl.
 I removed the Cracker Jack striped prize, punched a hole in the upper left corner and fed one end of the silk tie on the jewelry bag and tied a bow.

With clean hands, I re-stuffed half the Cracker Jacks back into the box, added the new "diamond" prize, and then stuffed more cracker jacks into the box on top of the earrings until it was full.  Don't over-stuff it, so you can re-seal the package.
            

Here, I neatly folded the foil closed and hot glued the cardboard flaps back together, as if it never appeared opened before.



















I made miniature copies of Audrey Hepburn, at a trip to STAPLES, by photocopying her image, from a book and minimizing the size.  I cut the outline of her image out and secured each on to the center of the ribbon with a dab of hot glue.



I wrapped the box in Tiffany Blue colored wrapping paper and tied the package with white silk ribbon.


I spray painted a long shallow basket white and placed all the favors inside.
If you want to  "WOW" your guests, nothing does it better than a little blue box!

Have fun!

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment