Monday, December 16, 2013

Deck the "Stalls"


Don't leave out your powder room on the holidays. Spice it up just like the rest of your home.  In my powder room, I use live greens, which means closing the vents so they don't dry out and misting them from time to time with a water bottle mister.
Above/below:  I love to use live greens from my garden, and here I added my favorite English ivy to the mix.  Coordinating bows that are non-traditional Christmas patterns, make the room feel cozy.


 Layer different size bows with different patterns.

Peppermint and spice atomizers are a fun touch.  Spray the room before your guests arrive, in fact; spray the entire house!


Linen wreath embroidered hand towels give a powder room old world charm. Combine with white paper, gold stamped Christmas tree hand towels to add layers of texture and dimension.
 I carefully placed very thin, very short nails in each corner and in the center, just above the mirrors.  Princess pine garland is hung in a traditional swag style.  It's so soft and easy to work with.
Dollar store glitter reindeer and large bells add an elegant touch to the bows.
From embellishing the commode to framing the mirror to adorning the corner etagere, nothing is left behind in the loo!


Jamie Gottschall
The NYClifestylist

No comments:

Post a Comment